Navigation Bar Blue

Monday 8 April 2013

A Year Ago Today

A year ago today on April 8th, I came out to my Mom about my attraction for men after keeping it a secret for over 10 years since high school. Here I am still alive, sitting down and staring at the exact same spot in the living room where we were both seated as I coated my heart in steel and confronted uncertainty head on.

I can't believe it's been a year already and you know what? Time does pass and time does make everything better. I'm just grateful to have gotten this phase over and done with while putting it all behind me. But most importantly, I am grateful for not being abandoned, and that I still have my truthfully loving family and friends around. Thank you God, Gods, the Higher Power, the Heavens, the Universe, whomever you are up there who oversees us.

Dedicated to all my fellow brave gay brothers around the world. We're gonna be okay.

1 comment: